Thursday, February 25, 2010

Das A-B-C


After spending much of my day holed up at home, sending out resumes to prospective employers, it was only fitting that I ended the day at a random screening of a BBC Four documentary on the origins of German electronic music. The film is part of a 'timecapsules' series shown at ABC Gallery (which I can't seem to find a website for, sorry) - a roughly formed studio space located in the back streets of Collingwood.

Apart from finding out about the roots of Kraftwerk and the "krautrock" movement, I also found out about the Splodge Film Society who screens cult films on the first Monday of every month at the Empress Hotel in North Fitzroy. Plenty of things to do for the unemployed!

(I am sorry for the lack of dazzling images - this one comes direct from my dreams of breakfast tomorrow morning, and the Scottish fruit pudding I won't get to eat - I have been busy carrying other things, and keep forgetting to take my camera with me)

No comments:

Post a Comment